NiGHTS into Dreams
Like Elliot, Roger is the leader of a basketball team, who challenges and defeats Elliot during his opening cutscene at his favorite hobby, then bullies and laughs at him, making Elliot feels really embarassed in front of his friends.
Roger and his team don't make another appearance until Elliot's ending cutscene, where Elliot comes back for a rematch now with courage to overcome his fear, Roger and his friends are defeated by Elliot and aren't seen since then.
NiGHTS Archie Comics
Roger is major character in the NiGHTS Archie Comics series, having much more personality and even some character development, Roger not only reprises his role in the game, but he also interacts and befriends Claris Sinclair, goes to the Night Dimension, helps Reala and the Nightmarens fighting NiGHTS and even dualizes with Reala.
In the first issue, Elliot team will have to face Roger's in two days, as Elliot was praticing, Roger shows up, steals the ball from Elliot, shows him how good he is at the sport and lastly humiliates Elliot. At the end of the first comic, Wizeman sends Roger to Nightmare and makes him dualize with Reala.
In the second issue, Reala and Roger switch bodies, through Roger's body, Reala interacts with Claris in the waking world, meanwhile in Nightmare, Wizeman tells Roger (who's in Reala's body) that he had been choosen by Wizeman because he saw Roger defeating Elliot the same way Reala defeated NiGHTS.
In the third issue, Roger and Reala return to their respective bodies and Roger returns to the waking world, however, Roger and Reala are still connected, now Roger gives Reala his dream energy, which makes him really powerful. After NiGHTS, Elliot and Claris defeat Wizeman, Elliot's and Roger's teams face each other and Elliot's team wins. As Reala is now the new ruler of the Nightmare and he is still receiving Roger's dream energy he starts planning his attack with Roger's help.
In the fourth Issue, NiGHTS goes to the waking world and starts fading away, off screen, Reala orders Roger to find NiGHTS and make sure he disappears. In the last page, Claris and Elliot see Roger carrying NiGHTS to his home.
In the fifth Issue, Roger leaves NiGHTS, who's very energy drained, laying on his house's basement to completely fade away. Elliot and Claris arrives at his house and meet up with Napp and Snuze, Napp and Snuze go inside Roger's house and makes him fall asleep by spraying a dust on his face so Elliot and Claris can go inside his house to save NiGHTS.
In the sixth Issue, Elliot and Claris take NiGHTS from Roger's house and start taking him to a portal to Nightopia located at the Twin Seeds tower. Meanwhile Roger, who still is sleeping, goes to Nightmare, where he meets up with Reala who reveals to Roger that Elliot and Claris are escaping with NiGHTS and orders him to stop them, Roger wakes up and goes after NiGHTS, when NiGHTS was about to reach the portal, a sudden explosion at the tower combines with the energy of the ruby on NiGHTS chest and makes a portal open which Reala uses to come to the real world, NiGHTS and Reala start fighting, meanwhile Roger meets up with Elliot and Claris who are watching the fight, at that moment they convince Roger to stop giving Reala his dream energy, which quickly makes Reala energy drained and weak,giving NiGHTS the opportunity to escape and return to Nightopia, after that, Elliot, Claris and Roger make one last appearance running away from a policemen called Officer Oswald, who tries to capture them while they were distracted.
In the Archie Comics, Roger is very arrogant and likes bullying Elliot, however, he greatly fears the nightmarens, he showed vulnerability and screamed for help when Clawz tried to attack him and even stated he is only giving Reala his dream energy because he is afraid something bad may happen to him otherwise.
Through the whole comic series, Roger wanted stay away from the most troubles he could and never appeared to be on nobody's side. He helped Reala fighting NiGHTS because of fear, but at the same time, he also appeared to have a completely neutral vision about NiGHTS and his problems.
When he helps NiGHTS defeating Reala in issue 6, Claris and Elliot ask him "how does it feel to do the right thing" and he answers "weird" implying Roger is a very bad person, he also states once that he always "plays the role" of a bully, whenever he wants it or not, meaning Roger may try to be a good person, but he always end up looking bad, most likely because of his strong selfish and arrogant personality.
By the end of Issue 6, Roger betrays the Nightmarens and indirectly helps NiGHTS, however due to the series discontinuation, it's not possible to say if from that moment foward, he'd join Elliot and Claris and start helping NiGHTS or just continue trying to avoid everything.
- Like Reala, Roger looks like his rival design wise, but with different colors.
- Both Roger and Reala also share red as one of their most prevalent colors.
- It's very likely that the reason why Reala is an Elliot's boss is because he is representing Roger, as Reala is to NiGHTS what Roger is to Elliot, a rival with the same skills/abilities who's trying to prove to be the best.
- Reala and Roger's relationship in the Archie Comics is odd, as Reala appeared to be just using Roger as a tool and never appeared to care about him, despite that, when Roger betrayed Reala in the sixth Issue he said "No... After everything I did for him" indicating that Reala may have cared about Roger or appreciated Roger's loyalty despite never showing it.
- Roger's parents have never appeared neither in the games nor in the comics, despite that, they are mentioned by Reala in Issue 6, making Roger the only visitor who's confirmed to have both a father and a mother.
- Roger is the first and only visitor in the NiGHTS series to be an anti hero.
- During Will's opening in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Will gets surronded by blonde boys with red uniforms who look similar to Roger, some of them even have Roger's haircut.
- Despite being his team's star member and Elliot's rival, Roger was not shown being turned into a nightmaren at Elliot's dream/opening cutscene, only his friends were, though he could have turned into one off screen as a third nightmaren appeared out of nowhere after Roger's friends turning into nightmarens.
- His eyes are red in the game, brown in the first four Archies and light blue in the the last two.
- Roger's age is never revealed, however he is stated to be older than Elliot in the game's manual, meaning he is at least 16 or older.
- Roger's last name (Wilkeah) is only revealed in the fifth NiGHTS Archie Comic.