NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
Donbalon is Pure Valley's boss and a Will nightmaren, who'll first attack after NiGHTS destroying all of the NiGHTS captures in the level. He later returns to a second and final fight after beating all of the Pure Valley's missions. His boss theme is called "Drifting Donbalon".
Donbalon does not take damage from any of NiGHTS attacks, so to defeat him the player must grab and throw him through a vertical circus-themed pinball arena until they reach the top of it, where there will be a spiked ceilling which will pop Donbalon up.
Upon flying up to him, NiGHTS will automatically grab and start spinning him. The player shall aim and shoot him onward, sometimes it'll be necessary to break obstacles to proceed. Donbalon may try to protect himself by spinning and flying down.
Donbalon has ball physics, so everytime the player throws him, he will bounce around, when he is doing that, he may hit and damage NiGHTS.
The only difference between the first and the second battle, is that in the second one, the pinball arena is much bigger and has many more obstacles.
After the second fight, Donbalon is last seen in a cutscene after the fight, where Wizeman crushes him with his methalic hand as a punishment for failing at stopping NiGHTS.
Donbalon's lair is a circus-themed pinball-like tower. It consists of several areas separated by stylish barriers and has a monstrous face with long, spiked teeth at the top. The lair runs vertical, and there are many different obstacles scattered around.
- Donbalon is very similar to Puffy from NiGHTS into Dreams, not only because of his sphere-like shape, but also because his battle is nearly identical to her's.
- Donbalon is most noted for his strange high-pitched laughter.
- In his second fight intro, Donbalon breaks the fourth wall by waving to the player.
- That makes Donbalon one of the two NiGHTS characters to ever break the fourth wall, the other being Queen Bella.
- Donbalon is one of the two nightmarens to be shown getting punished on screen, the other being Bomamba.
- Donbalon's clown like appearance, as well as having a ball shaped body, may represent Will's fears of being seen as a fool or a joke by his football team mates.
- In Spanish, "Don Balon" means "Sir Ball".