NiGHTS into Dreams
"A Second-Level black cat with sharp claws, he's spiteful by nature and would rather torment you from the shadows than attack you fair and square. So, just how far will NiGHTS have to chase those quick feet…?"
- Clawz, according to a translated japanese bio.
Clawz will always stand above one of his mice fireworks and everytime NiGHTS tries to come close to him, he will jump to a firework far away from NiGHTS.
Clawz lights up his fireworks and it's impossible to avoid them once they get launched, to defeat him, the player must destroy his fireworks, giving preference for lit ones to avoid taking damage, the litten fireworks can be destroyed by either paralooping or drill dashing into it, the ones that aren't can only be destroyed by the paraloop.
Once most of his fireworks are destroyed, Clawz won't be able to run away from NiGHTS anymore and the player will be able to knock him out with a single hit.
For unknown reasons, a spotlight follows Clawz throughout the battle until the player takes out the last mouse.
After the battle, Clawz isn't seen again.
Clawz's battle takes place on a weird carousel-like machine full of fireworks with pink mice heads, the machine appears to be surronded by big walls made of colorful bricks, for unknown reasons, the walls have holes with a bright light coming out of them.
NiGHTS Archie Comics
In the first issue, Clawz first appears looking at the portal Wizeman is creating to go to the awaking world, him and the other nightmarens later tries to capture NiGHTS after the later escaping with the red ideyas.
In the fifth issue, Clawz, along with Gillwing, Puffy and Jackle, tries to fight Reala, after the later proclaiming himself the new ruler of nightmare, before Clawz or any of the nightmarens have a chance to fight Reala, the later attacks and makes them fall into an abyss.
Clawz makes one last appearance at the sixth issue, where he tries to attack Roger but is stopped by Reala who attacks and makes Clawz blow up.
- Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams: Clawz render appears in the concept art.
- Sonic Pinball Party: Clawz made an appearance in Sonic Pinball Party as a boss, curiously, instead of being the boss of the Frozen Bell table, he is the boss of the Mystic Forest table. To defeat him, the player must make the ball paraloop him enough times under 180 seconds.
- Sonic Lost World: Clawz appeared as the fourth boss of the Nightmare Zone DLC of Sonic Lost World, where he is riden by Zeena. Much like in NiGHTS into Dreams, Clawz will run away from Sonic by teleporting from firework to firework, to defeat him, Sonic must destroy all of his fireworks quickly, as otherwise Clawz will make more appear.
- Clawz early designs are drastically different from his final one, originally, he was intended to be either a round red cat with yellow stripes and pink spots or a female humanoid cat with red stripes.
- Bomamba from NiGHTS Journey of dreams is similar to Clawz. She is a cat like second level nightmaren who can only be defeated after her traps (her cat minions) are defeated. Her cat minions also resemble Clawz mice fireworks as they have head but lack body and they launch themselves into NiGHTS.
- Clawz appears to have been inspired by the the Cheshire Cat from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as he is a smiley cat.
- Jackle is also similar to the Cheshire Cat as he is also smiley and is partly invisible.
- As seen above, in one of his earliest designs, Clawz was a round red cat with yellow stripes and pink spots, this design bears some resemblance to the Cheshire Cat from the Walt Disney adaptation of the fairy tale released in 1951.
- In the NiGHTS into Dreams game files, Clawz is nicknamed "#M3:FIRE-CAT'S".